Monday, January 30, 2012

The 29 Day Organizing Challenge

Begin date: February 1 End date: February 29

Details can be found over at orgjunkie/challenge

I am often inspired and intimidated at the same time by this idea.

Laura over at The Organizing Junkie has put out a call for entries in her new challenge. And although the whole idea kind of scares me to death I've decided to jump in and give it a go.

My house is BEYOND cluttered. I took the before pictures of several rooms this afternoon and I'm not sure I have the courage to post them. Every single room is way out of control. And it makes it hard to get anything done.

So I guess the only way to go from where I'm at is UP.

The challenge is a minimum of 1 room. My goal is to really tackle the entire house. My theory in setting such a huge goal is this: If I actually get the entire house done my life will be easier. If I only get 1/2 the house done my life will be easier. I've decided to hold at least 2 yard sales during the month. Whatever is left after each sale goes immediately to the thrift store for donation. We simply have too much stuff. And I'd like to see a little financial return on a good portion of it leaving.

Goodbye clutter! Hello peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment